Study from home and kick start your career in early childhood education and care with PORSE!
New Zealand Certificate in Early Childhood Education & Care (Level 4)
What is the New Zealand Certificate in Early Childhood Education & Care (Level 4)?
The New Zealand Certificate in Early Childhood Education & Care (Level 4) is a new qualification focused on practice-based education that equips learners with the skills that they need to become an Educator in an early childhood education service.
This course is a pathway qualification to higher level study for those wanting to become qualified teachers.
Made up of eight learning modules, the Level 4 certificate allows learners to adopt a project-based learning approach to their studies.
This is an online learning course meaning learners can study independently at their own pace.
Enjoy the flexibility of 20 weeks of self-paced learning alongside a child in your care.
What You Will Learn
Learners who successfully complete the New Zealand Certificate in Early Childhood Education & Care (Level 4) offered by PORSE will be able to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of:
· Theories of children’s learning and development, including neuroscience, attachment relationships and transitions.
· Multiculturalism, family diversity and the bicultural nature of the early childhood curriculum, Te Whāriki.
· Planning, providing and reviewing rich learning experiences.
· Providing an environment that strengthens the health, well-being, care and safety of children.
· Effective communication and engaging in respectful, reciprocal and responsive relationships.
· Personal health, wellbeing and professional development.
· Legislation and regulatory requirements.
· Diverse philosophical and cultural contexts and approaches informing early childhood education in Aotearoa New Zealand, including a personal philosophy of practice.
On completion of the New Zealand Certificate in Early Childhood Education & Care (Level 4) you will be able to:
- begin or continue a career as a home-based Early Childhood Educator
- be employed as an Early Childhood Educator
- pursue further study in the Early Childhood Education sector, such as a Diploma of Teaching.
Call 0800 023 456 or download the Level 4 brochure.
Check out what our previous Level 3 students have said about studying with PORSE